Inviting applications for the position of Head of Mission (Superintendent), Methodist Mission Northern
Te Kaupapa (purpose) of position
- To exemplify and demonstrate prophetic, relational and theological leadership.
- To work collaboratively towards connected, just and inclusive communities.
- To be deliberate in engaging the Bi-cultural Journey of the Church, its legacy and ethos across multiple spheres of influence.
You will require:
- An understanding and commitment to Te Haahi Weteriana o Aotearoa, the Methodist Church of NZ.
- Reasonable knowledge and engagement with Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
- Willingness and commitment to engage with the Bi-cultural Journey.
- Competency in or willingness to learn and engage with te reo me ōna tikanga.
- Recognised theological leadership.
- Knowledge and experience of working /engaging with other sectors.
- Highly developed skills in relationship-building, facilitation, communication, public speaking and team leadership.
- An understanding of how large organisations work, especially not-for-profits.
- Able to perform governance and management roles and responsibilities.
- Able to work with others to innovate community-led development.
- Proven organisational, time management and stress management skills.
- Willingness to undertake further professional development
Applications to Marion Hines, Board Chairperson, Methodist Mission Northern. email@example.com, or PO Box 5104, Auckland 1141. Applications close Friday 16 July 2021. A full job description is available on request.