We help you keep a roof over your head. Lifewise Sustaining Tenancies Services gives you tools to help you manage your money, make sense of benefits and be independent, so you can keep living in your home.
We offer practical support to help you stay housed.
What can we help with?
We work with whatever you identify as important. We take referrals from whanau directly or from any agency supporting you. We develop a support plan with you. We provide emotional and practical support and advice, and can refer you onto other services and walk beside you whatever we are doing.
Some examples of our support include:
- Helping to negotiate payment of rent or arrears
- Furnishing and de-cluttering
- Helping you deal with services such as WINZ, Kainga Ora, Tenancy Tribunal
- Looking for community support and helping you access it
- Referrals, for instance for food parcels
- Emotional support – being there if you are worried
- Checking you are getting the right benefit payments
- Help with settling in
Basically, anything that will help you to cope with your tenancy! The service is free and we will work with people typically between 3 – 12 months.