Young people struggling with homelessness face big challenges. But with support from the community, we can help young people and make youth homelessness a thing of the past in NZ.
Here’s how you can make a difference for our homeless youth:
- Start a conversation about youth homelessness in NZ. Share these stories and let people know the challenges young people face.
- You never know if someone close to you could be struggling with homelessness. Ask people if they are OK.
- See if your workplace if they could take a young person on-board.
- If you’re a landlord, keep an open mind when you consider who to let your rentals to.
- Stop and have a chat with a young person who is rough sleeping. You can let them know that they are always welcome to give Youthline a call, or to pop into Lifewise’s Merge Café on 453 K road.
- Donate to Youthline and Lifewise and help us end youth homelessness in NZ.
Lifewise and Youthline have teamed up to shine a light on the issue of youth homelessness in New Zealand to mark Youth Homelessness Matters Day 2015.