Foster Care Social Worker
12-month Maternity Leave Position to start ASAP!
Lifewise is a not-for-profit community and social services agency. Our actions are guided by the values of respect, integrity, and courage.
Lifewise Family Services works with families in the community and provides foster care and parenting education services. We pride ourselves in the level of care and support we provide to families in the community, particularly so in our Foster Care and Parenting Education Services.
We are seeking a Social Worker who is experienced and passionate about working with families and children, who can support our Foster Carers to support vulnerable children coming into care.
Skills and attributes required :
- Qualified Social Worker, or equivalent, registered or eligible for registration
- 3-4 years’ experience working with children and families in the community and/or foster care services
- Understanding of Oranga Tamariki
- Demonstrate a competency-based, solutions-focused framework in your practice
- Assessment and analysis skills and the ability to support client to work towards resolution
- Cultural awareness and understanding of diversity
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Commitment to highest standards of ethical and professional practice
- Team player
- Current full, clean driver’s license
- Sound computer literacy and administration skills
It is exciting times for Lifewise in the development of new Family Services, so this is the step in the door and opportunity for more.
Please apply via Seek (CV and covering letter) by 5pm Tuesday 24th October 2017.
For further information or a copy of the job description please contact our Office Administrator Jess Hale on 09 818 0205 or firstname.lastname@example.org