Are you at risk of losing your home?

Lifewise Sustaining Tenancies service can support you to identify what is putting your tenancy at risk and support you to gain control and stabilise your home.

You can self-refer for a Lifewise Sustaining Tenancies worker yourself, or ask your Support Worker to refer you.

The Lifewise Sustaining Tenancies team will support and equip you with the tools to maximise your income, manage your money, navigate benefits, be independent, understand your rights and responsibilities as a tenant, identify where these may be impacted by lifestyle and choices and avoid homelessness.

Our aim is to keep a roof over your head.

The service is flexible and tailored to your needs and situation. We support you to manage difficulties you have that are affecting your home or your ability to live independently.

We will …

  • Listen to what you want
  • Be culturally responsive and respectful
  • Put you at the centre of the service – nothing about you without you
  • Be friendly, organised and professional

What can we help with?

You will be able to talk to your Lifewise Sustaining Tenancies Worker about the kind of support you need and work out a plan, which will be reviewed regularly. Our workers provide practical support, advice and expertise and can also refer you on to other services for specialist support and walk beside you through that process to ensure that you get the best from other services.

The kinds of support we offer include …

  • Budgeting and debt advice
  • Accessing benefits/grants
  • Accessing education/training/volunteering opportunities
  • Employment
  • Making your tenancy work
  • Settling into a new home
  • Living independently
  • Accessing community facilities
  • Accessing health care
  • Increasing motivation
  • Linking you into specialist services

Are we the right Service for you?

To be able to access this service you must be:

  • Aged over 18 years
  • Be a resident in Auckland CBD or central suburbs
  • Have a current tenancy that is at risk
  • Be willing to engage in a plan of support

How do we work with you?

Our workers will support you to work out what help you need and enable you to achieve independence and a better quality of life.

Support can be anything from a one-off piece of work up to a maximum of 12 months through a combination of planned home visits, and non-face-to-face contact (phone, zoom, email etc.)

Your support is tailored to your individual need

Post closure contact with check-in at 4 and 12 weeks (as agreed with you)

How can I apply?

You can apply for yourself, or for somebody else by completing a referral form or contact us on 021-917-350 or 021-913-439

Alternatively, you can be referred by your housing provider, your GP, Social Worker, Mental Health Worker, Probation Service, Drug and Alcohol treatment services, local advice agencies or other support services.

Make a referral

If you would like to refer someone to the service, please complete this PDF form and email it to

If you need help please contact Lifewise

This can be done confidentially by phone or email.

09 302 5390 More Contacts »

Design by Brandline